Bathroom Design Los Angeles
The bathroom is one of the most commonly used rooms in the home, so any design has to be able to stand up to the wear and tear of everyday use. That being said, there is no reason that the bathroom cannot be stylish as well as practical. There are several ways to create a bathroom that feels warm and comfortable, and looks great, on any budget.
A functional, attractive bathroom does not have to be a budget buster if you plan things carefully. However, if you do want to splurge, there are many luxurious items available. Continue reading to discover some of the best ideas for bathroom remodeling in Los Angeles.
Elements of Bathroom Design Los Angeles
Here are the elements of bathroom design and the various options available for them.
Bathroom Countertop Design
The counter is one of the standout elements in the bathroom, so a bold design can catch the eye and lead it to the other design elements. Here are some of the best countertop options:
- Manufactured Quartz – Attractive, low-maintenance, and available in a variety of colors, quartz is one of the better countertop choices. It is also highly resistant to scratches and stains.
- Granite – One of the most popular options because it is durable, attractive, and fairly easy to maintain. However, it requires sealing every six to twelve months.
- Tile – This is a favored countertop material because it can come in a wide variety of styles and patterns. Grout lines can make cleaning tricky, but larger tiles reduce the necessary upkeep.
Bathroom Sink Design
Possibly the most used element of the bathroom, the sink has to be highly functional and easy to use. However, it can also be one of the best looking parts of the bathroom with the right design.
- Vanity Sinks – These are sinks that are installed into a cabinet. They are a practical option that offer extra storage space.
- Vessel Sinks – This is a bowl that sits atop the counter. A very stylish, but effective, option that frees up a lot of counter space.
- Self-Rimming Sinks – These sinks have a rim that sits on the countertop. They come in a wide array of styles and are very easy to install and replace.
Bathroom Shower Design
Practicality is the priority when it comes to showers. They have to be comfortable and spacious even if the bathroom is small. They can include amenities like rain showerheads, massage jets, even stereo systems and LED lights—all water-proof of course.
- Walk-In Showers – These are separated from the tub, and are a good option for larger bathrooms. They usually have space for luxury items like specialty shower heads, massage jets, and more.
- Shower-Tub Combinations – Perfect for smaller bathrooms, they are a practical way to combine two elements into a small space.
- Wet Rooms – A fairly new design option, wet rooms have the shower and a free-standing tub in the same enclosed room. They are great for both large and small places, but not all bathrooms may have the plumbing requirements for this option.
Bathroom Flooring Design
The bathroom floor needs to be able to stand up to the foot traffic of the bathroom, be a safe surface with minimal slippage, and be easy to clean. It can be all of those things while also making a bold design statement.
- Vinyl Floors – These are affordable, easy to clean, cushiony, warm, and available in a variety of styles and patterns, some of which closely mimic more expensive flooring options.
- Ceramic Tiles – One of the more popular and versatile options because it is stain-resistant, bacteria-resistant, and comes in a wide range of designs and shapes, from mosaics to larger formats.
- Cork Tiles – A more modern option, cork is easy to clean, warm, soft, and mold, mildew, and bacteria resistant. It is gaining in popularity for all those reasons.
Bathroom Lighting Design
The bathroom lighting needs to clearly illuminate the space, but it can also provide layers of light to impart a sense of ambience. The lights in the bathroom do not need to be wet or damp rated unless they are located in the shower or over the tub.
- Ceiling Lights – The main source of light in the room, they can be simple ceiling fixtures, or more elaborate chandeliers. Just make sure that you take the height of the ceiling into consideration.
- Mirror Lights – These are used for specialized tasks like applying makeup or shaving. Ideally, there should be a light above the mirror and on either side of it to provide full, shadow-free illumination.
- Wall Lights – These are more decorative than practical. They are good for adding additional layers of light or highlighting an object of interest.
Bathroom Design Solutions Los Angeles
There are other design options available for the bathroom, such as cabinets, backsplashes, and faucet fixtures. As with all the other elements listed above, they need to be practical as well as fashionable. Pacific Green Homes has designers that can help you to craft an appealing bathroom that perfectly suits your lifestyle needs. Tell us your budget and your needs and we will create the bathroom of your dreams.