Why Building a Room Addition is Better Than Buying a New Home
At one time when a family realized that they need more space than their current home provides, then normally their only option would have been to find a new home and move in. However, there is a better way, a way that does not require the family to pull up stakes and go through the arduous process of moving to a brand new location. That better way is to build a room addition instead.
In most cases, a new room is all that is needed to alleviate the limited space woes of the current house and it is also far more convenient than having to uproot the entire family. There are many other reasons to choose building a room addition in Los Angeles over buying a brand new home. Once you have made that decision, Pacific Green Homes will build the room addition for you, and once the job is done, you will be certain that you made the right choice.
Possible Reasons for Buying a New House
The Previous Home Does Not Have the Necessary Space – While a room addition can solve most space requirements, there can be cases where an addition to the home will not help: a swimming pool, for example, may require more yard space than the current home provides; a family may have need for a space large enough to hold multiple vehicles. There are various instances where a room addition may not be able to provide the space a family needs.
A Changing Neighborhood – There are many different reasons why a neighborhood could undergo a radical change after someone has lived there for years. Whatever that reason may be, a new location is the only solution if someone no longer feels comfortable in the neighborhood they have lived in for years.
Career Changes – If a new long-term job prospect is located in a distant location, then moving closer to that job may be necessary.
Pros and Cons of Buying a New House
Even though building a room addition is generally a better choice, there are a few cases where buying a new home would be the better option over building a new room addition.
Pros of Buying a New House
- If multiple changes are needed in the current home in order to make it more liveable, then it could be easier to buy a new home with all of those necessities already there.
- If everything needed is already present in the new home, then new construction—and the potential disruption it may bring—will not be necessary.
- A new home could be the catalyst for a fresh start that is needed to revitalize and reenergize the lives of everyone who lives there.
Cons of Buying a New House
- Searching for a new home can be a time-consuming and stressful process that most people would rather avoid. Building a new home addition is a good way to avoid that kind of hassle.
- Prices for new homes can be high, and depending on the volatility of the market, a new home could be far more expensive than what you can afford.
- With the above point in mind, it is possible to increase the value of the current home via a room addition instead of spending money on a new one.
- A new home may require a lengthy period of adjustment as the family members get acclimated to the new location.
Possible Reasons for Building a Room Addition
The Current House Does Not Have Enough Space – If the current home is too small, then a room addition could easily add the space necessary to make everyone more comfortable.
You Live in a Desirable Location – If you like your neighborhood but need more space, then building a room addition gives you the best of both worlds.
You Cannot Afford a New Home – Buying a home is expensive and coming up with the finances needed to do so is not always easy.
Pros and Cons of Building a Room Addition
A room addition has many different advantages over having to look for, and buy, an entirely new house.
Pros of Building a Room Addition
- A room addition can increase the amount of space in the home without significantly increasing its footprint, so it can create space without taking up too much space.
- If your love your current neighborhood but it seems like the family is outgrowing the house, then a room addition could be the solution to keeping that family content without having to move.
- If you are thinking of selling the house in the future, then a room addition is a great way to increase the value of the home by making it more desirable to future buyers.
- Adding to the home is generally much more affordable than purchasing a new home, which makes it a more sensible solution for most people.
Cons of Building a Room Addition
- If the problem is location based, then building a new room will not be the right solution.
- In some cases, a room addition can be as—or even more—expensive than buying a new home, which means that buying a new home might be the better option.
A Room Addition Is The Solution To Most Problems
When it comes to choosing between building a room addition to the home or buying a new house, the decision is clear: a room addition is almost always the right solution. It is generally a more affordable solution and it does not require uprooting the entire family and moving them to a new and unfamiliar location.
A room addition cannot solve any problems related to the location of the house, but for everything else, it is a big help. Pacific Green Homes will help to build any room addition in Los Angeles that residents need to solve their space problems. Once the job is completed, you will realize that you made the right decision for you and your family.
- How a Room Addition Can Add to Property Value
- The Average Cost of a Room Addition in Los Angeles
- Types of House Additions
- Room Addition Ideas
- The Best Reasons to Build a Second Story Addition
- Building Costs Affecting Room Additions in Los Angeles
- Room Addition Ideas for Smaller Homes